Friday, December 29, 2023

That's just the way it is (Phil Collins) (LP 2212)

Phil Collins  ...But Seriously (CD, Virgin Records, 1989) **

Genrepop rock 

Places I remember: Lindsay Hope Collection.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Another Day In Paradise

Gear costume: That's Just The Way It Is

Active compensatory factors: I forgot to include this album when I covered Face Value a few posts ago. Truth to tell, I'd actually forgotten I had it in the CD collection, and in retrospect I probably only hung on to it because of David Crosby's appearance.

As I said in that Face Value post, while I like his early work as a vocalist in Genesis, I don't really enjoy his solo albums (Face Value being the notable exception).

Apparently, he dialed back on the synths and drum machine for this one but it still sounds too much like eighties music by numbers to me.

However, as aforementioned, this one will remain in the collection because of the presence of David Crosby on the Gear Costume track.

Where do they all belong? And, seriously, that's enough Phil Collins now.

No comments:

Post a Comment