Wednesday, December 20, 2023

New shapes of life (Martin Carr) (LP 2163)

Martin Carr  New Shapes Of Life (CD, Tapete Records, 2017) ****  

Genre: Dream pop; pop

Places I remember: A gift from Tom Kirkham

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: New Shapes Of Life

Gear costume: The Van

Active compensatory factors: Tom gave me this solo album from the Boo Radley's man and I can see why he rates it enough to give me a copy. 

I enjoy the Boo Radley approach - I loved Wake Up! especially and must replace the CD that got stuck in a CD player many years ago (I just went to find it in my CD collection and remembered what happened. My father-in-line couldn't dig it out successfully so it's now on the list!)

This is his first solo album and it's extremely well done! He has a lovely, dreamy pop voice and the production values are consistently high, plus the songs are there!

Thanks Tom!

Where do they all belong? As I said - need that replacement copy of Wake Up!.

No comments:

Post a Comment