Monday, December 25, 2023

River of love (Susan Cowsill) (LP 2187)

Susan Cowsill  Lighthouse (CD, Threadhead Records, 2010) ****  

Genre: pop rock; Americana

Places I remember: Real Groovy Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: River Of Love

Gear costume: Avenue Of The Indians (with Jackson Browne on vocals)

Active compensatory factors: She brings a fantastic dimension to The Cowsills (family and band) and I will feature her again when I get to them in time (I alphabetise my collection and bands that start with 'The' are all in the Ts).

I love her voice and her chutzpah. She is a dynamo - just watch her perform and introduce songs!

The tragic death of Barry Cowsill (due to Hurricane Katrina) haunts the album - River Of Love is a song by Barry and other Cowsill siblings appear on the song - Bob, Paul and John are joined by Victoria Peterson Cowsill.

The album is a powerful collection of songs sung with great command and a lot of gusto by Susan. You believe her!

I don't think I'll ever hear Galveston again in the same way.

Where do they all belong? I continue to search for more of her albums and enjoy the ones on Spotify. I highly recommend Lighthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment