Saturday, August 14, 2021

Eyes on the horizon (Brendan Benson) (LP 660)

Brendan Benson  My Old, Familiar Friend (CD, The Echo Label, 2009) ***

GenreRock/ Hard Rock 

Places I remember: Donated to my collection by the Hope family.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Don't Wanna Talk

Gear costume: Poised And Ready

Active compensatory factors: This is Brendan Benson's fourth solo album, recorded in between Raconteurs albums.

Not surprising then that the songs I like (and chose to highlight above) are close to The Raconteurs in sound and spirit.

Benson plays a lot of different instruments on this - he's very versatile. He does it well too - I can't tell where he's playing things like drums and where his friends are.

Where do they all belong? I have the Hope family for this as they donated all of their CD collections to me. This one belongs next The Raconteurs in the collection - or it would if I wasn't alphabetical in my approach!

Next up in this genre: Black Star Riders.

No comments:

Post a Comment