Monday, August 23, 2021

Lost in the moment (Edie Brickell) (LP 670 - 671)

Edie Brickell & New Bohemians  Shooting Rubberbands At The Stars (CD, Geffen Records, 1988) *** 

Edie Brickell  Picture Perfect Morning (CD, Geffen Records, 1994) *** 

GenreFolk rock 

Places I remember: From The Hope collection

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Lost In The Moment

Gear costume: Good Times, What I Am

Active compensatory factors: Edie Brickell sits in the margins a little, even with her Paul Simon and Geffen association and these were solid commercial albums (PPM went double platinum in the US for goodness sake).

Nevertheless - that was a while ago now and she's slipped below the radar since then (yes, she's still touring and putting out records - latest in 2021).

I'm happy to own these CDs and give them airtime for the purpose of this blogpost but apart from 3 or 4 tracks, the songs don't leave a lasting impression on me.

Where do they all belong? I wouldn't have bought these CDs myself - pleasant and all that but hardly essential. Apart from Lost In The Moment that is. That is a beautiful song!

No comments:

Post a Comment