Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Lubbock or leave it (Dixie Chicks) (LP 665 - 668)

Dixie Chicks  Wide Open Spaces (CD, Monument, 1998) *** 

Dixie Chicks  Fly (CD, Monument, 1999) ****

Dixie Chicks  Home (CD, Columbia, 2002) *****

Dixie Chicks  Taking The Long way (CD, Columbia, 2006) ***

GenreCountry rock 

Places I remember: The Warehouse (various)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles
There's Your Trouble

Gear costume: Wide Open Spaces, Goodbye Earl

Active compensatory factors
: I love The Chicks (a.k.a. Dixie Chicks). Their sound is honest and usually brings an instant smile to my face, as well as sets my feet to a-tappin'.

The pleasurable moments just keep coming. especially on Fly and Home, but I have confidence with any of their albums really.

I could have replaced those gear fab songs without any problem - Hole In The Head, If I Fall You're Going Down With Me, Long Time Gone, White Trash Wedding and others are just as catchy.

Of the four, Home stands out for it's expert flavours: the playing sounds slightly more assured and inspired, as does the lead vocal delivery by Natalie Maines.

In comparison Taking The Long Way feels a little too comfortable and slick - the Dixie Chicks' rough edges have been filed off a little too much.

Where do they all belong? I don't have their latest as The Chicks (not to be confused with the NZ pop duo version), and I must remedy that situation right quick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment