Saturday, July 31, 2021

The rest is noise (Jamie XX) (LP 649)

Jamie XX  In Colour (CD, -, 2015) **** 

GenreElectronic music 

Places I remember: JB HiFi (Palmerston North)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Obvs

Gear costumeGosh

Active compensatory factors: Electronic music would be the least comprehensive genre in my collection - haha - pretty much this, Kraftwerk and some compilations (Synthpop is a different beast and is housed in the pop section). 

For me, it's all about guitars for the most part, unless it's progressive rock like Emerson Lake and Palmer or Rick Wakeman.

But I do like this. The album has a cool selection of sounds as Jamie sets out his stall. Gosh is the lead off song but it's not representative of his approach.

Where do they all belong? I thought I'd mislaid the XX albums I owned, but I must have sold them off. So, this is the only remnant of XX left.

No comments:

Post a Comment