Sunday, July 25, 2021

Great southern land (icehouse) (LP 648)

Icehouse  Primitive Man (CD, Warner Music, 1982) ***

Genre: Australian pop/rock

Places I remember: The Warehouse Cambridge

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles/ 
Gear costume: Great Southern Land

Active compensatory factors: I bought this for the featured track: Great Southern Land is a great slice of Australian synthpop. 

The band was huge in NZ and Aussie in the early eighties with songs like Street Cafe and Hey Little Girl all over our radio at the time.

Being something of a musical snob at the time, I didn't rush out to buy this but thanks to that lingering appeal of Great Southern Land. I did catch up with it when it was remastered in 2002 and released with a slew of bonus tracks.

Where do they all belong? My only brush with Iva and Icehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment