Thursday, September 26, 2024

Psychedelic warlords (Hawkwind) (LP 2708)

Hawkwind  Hall Of The Mountain Grill (Vinyl, United Artists Records, 1974) *** 

Genre: Prog rock

Places I remember: My Music Taupo

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Psychedelic Warlords

Gear costume: Wind Of Change

Active compensatory factors: I have indicated elsewhere the cover mix up with Doremi Fasol Latido at My Music Taupo. I have long since bought the right album, this one, from them and swapped covers around.

As I said in that earlier post: Hawkwind were not something I explored in my teenage years - they seemed too tripped out on acid for me to take a punt. I'm not sure I missed too much. This is pretty incomprehensible stuff but fun all the same!

I stand by those comments for Hall Of The Mountain Grill. Together with that other album they produced two quality albums in 1974, and they are still going strong. Not bad going for a bunch of wacko druggies!

Where do they all belong? Always keen to explore more of their back catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment