Thursday, September 25, 2014

I got love in my tummy (Ohio Express) #297

Ohio Express Yummy Yummy Yummy/ Zig Zag (Kama Sutra, 7N 25451, 1968)

Decidedly dodgy! This is bubblegum pop but I can always hear dodgy double entendres in these songs. Blame my English lit background where we saw symbols in everything! 

Yummy Yummy Yummy might be one of the dumbest lyrics of all time, or the smartest!

The Ohio Express weren't a real group (as so often happened with bubblegum). Instead a bunch of ever changing musos who recorded or toured the brand made up The Ohio Express. Who knows who the people in the 'official' video below are!

Hidden gem: Zig Zag is the instrumental backing track to another bubblegum band's song (1910 Fruitgum Co's (Poor Old) Mr Jensen. Why? The producers, for some bizarre reason, didn't want double-sided hits. Something to do with money I bet! Needless to say, it's complete tosh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment