Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Call it what you want (Taylor Swift) (LP 308)

Taylor Swift Reputation (CD - Big Machine Records, 2017) ***

Genre: American pop 

Places I remember: Cost $9 from the Warehouse, Palmerston North a few days ago.


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Look What You Made Me Do





Gear costume: New Years Day

Active compensatory factors: I really liked her last album, 1989, but the electro-pop reputation of Reputation made me pause until this week and the much reduced price at The Warehouse.


I think it was a wise decision - a lot of this bombastic pop will date quickly but the quality songs on albums like 1989 will last a lot longer.

I will certainly keep listening to that album a lot more than this one I feel.

Where do they all belong? Be interesting to see where she goes next. I like Taylor and her spunky approach - the last scene in the video takes guts, but as she ages she won't be able to carry this particular version of herself off. Although Madonna had a good run, so what do I know.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment