Jack White Blunderbuss (CD, Third Man Records, 2012) ***
Jack White Lazaretto (CD, Third Man Records, 2014) ***
Genre: Alt rock
Places I remember: JB Hi Fi
Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Sixteen Saltines (Blunderbuss)
Gear costume: That Black Bat Licorice (Lazaretto)
Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Sixteen Saltines (Blunderbuss)
Gear costume: That Black Bat Licorice (Lazaretto)
They loom large in his legend (The Album Collection playlists): Part 1; Part 2; Part 3; Part 4; Part 5; Part 6; Part 7; Part 8
Active compensatory factors: I'm not too sure why I like Jack White enough to buy some of his solo albums. Maybe his adventurous spirit. He's never less than fascinating.
Active compensatory factors: I'm not too sure why I like Jack White enough to buy some of his solo albums. Maybe his adventurous spirit. He's never less than fascinating.
Blunderbuss was his first solo album and it's full of different types of songs and styles, from blues, folk, even country. He has abandoned the restrictions of The White Stripes for this album - employing a wide range of musicians and instruments to great effect.
Lazaretto was the follow up, two years after Blunderbuss. It again got excellent reviews so it was a must listen back in 2014. Apparently, the album was partly inspired by a collection of short stories, poems, and plays White wrote when he was 19 years old and rediscovered years later in his attic.
It's another eclectic set of song styles for Jack, as he continues his sonic adventures. That makes for variety and keeping listeners on their toes. Plus, I hear new nuances every time.

No comments:
Post a Comment