Monday, April 1, 2019

Hello hello (Sopwith Camel) (LP 304-305)

Sopwith Camel Sopwith Camel (Vinyl - Kama Sutra, 1967) Rating?
Sopwith Camel The Miraculous Hump Returns From The Moon (Vinyl - Reprise, 1973) Rating?

Genre: American pop/rock  
Places I remember: Briefly - Sopwith Camel was found in Amoeba Music - Hollywood last week and The...Hump from Vinyl Countdown in New Plymouth (NZ) was found yesterday!  



Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Postcard From Jamaica




Gear costume:  Unclear at this stage as I am waiting for my stereo equipment to arrive from England via sea so I've yet to hear these beauties.

Active compensatory factors: About 40 years ago I found a compilation called Heavy Mix.



My reason for buying it was Elephants Memory because of their Apple Records connection. When listening to it I was immediately, then repeatedly, drawn to the Postcard From Jamaica track.

Research into the band and their discography led to a 40 year search for their two albums.

That search ended this week!

I'm hoping that I won't be disappointed by what I hear when my stereo gear finally arrives. But, really, I'm not that bothered. The thrill of the chase has been great all on its own.


Where do they all belong? The list on my phone still contains some long standing wants so my record searching days are far from over!

No comments:

Post a Comment