Monday, February 26, 2024

The seventh son (Willie Dixon) (LP 2398)

Willie Dixon  I Am The Blues (Vinyl, CBS Records, 1981 *****  

GenreBlues 

Places I remember: Marbecks Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Spoonful

Gear costume: The Seventh Son

Active compensatory factors: This was a revelation when I stumbled upon it while working at Marbecks Records in the early eighties.

I knew the songs, of course, from Cream, Muddy Waters, The Stones, Howlin' Wolf, George Thorogood and so on, but I had no idea that Willie Dixon was such a great singer as well as a great writer.

This album is just one amazingly crafted song after another and all done with great backing from the Chicago Blues All-Stars. You can't beat authenticity.

Where do they all belong? A great addition to the blues collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment