Thursday, February 15, 2024

My one and only love (George Shearing) (LP 2383)

George Shearing  Walkin' (CD, Telarc Jazz Records, 1995) ***  

GenreJazz 

Places I remember: Graham Purdy's collection

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Subconscious Lee

Gear costume: Bag's Groove 

Active compensatory factors: Dad obviously appreciated George Shearing's skills on the piano. This is a CD but he had a few vinyl albums by him as well.

It's a very laid back style of playing for the most part. In this case it's a live date from 1992. George operates in a piano trio with Grady Tate on drums and Neil Swainson on bass. I prefer the up-tempo numbers, the slower ones are really sloooooow.

Where do they all belong? It's not really my style of piano jazz but dad loved it so that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment