Monday, February 12, 2024

Jump jump jump (Rick Derringer) (LP 2371 - 2372)

Rick Derringer & Friends  Live On the King Biscuit Flower Hour (CD, King Biscuit Flower Hour Records, 1983) ***  

Rick Derringer  Hoochie Koo Once More (CD, Music Avenue Records, 2003) **** 

GenreRock 

Places I remember: King Recording (Abu Dhabi)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Beyond The Universe (I couldn't find the version I'm writing about so this is a live version from around the same time)

Gear costume: Teenage Love Affair (I couldn't find the version I'm writing about so this is a live version from around the same time)

Active compensatory factor:
I missed these two CDs when I was writing about the vinyl albums I have by Rick.

The live album was a concert organised by Rick's friends after his truck was stolen with all the band's gear onboard.

It's lively! Rick is in great shape on new stuff at the time from Guitars and Women. Plus he does his hits and the guests are impressive - Dr John, Hall & Oates, Ian Hunter, and Edgar Winter turn up the fun level.

Hoochie Koo Once More is an album that sees Rick re-recording his hits. So, the track listing has double ups obviously. The man knows how to write a song!

Where do they all belong? Next up in the pop rock ranks - Jackie DeShannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment