Saturday, March 2, 2024

Midnight in a perfect world (DJ Shadow) (LP 2399)

D J Shadow Endtroducing...DJ Shadow (CD, Mo' Wax Records, 1996) **

GenrePop rock 

Places I remember: Fives (Leigh-on-sea)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Midnight In A Perfect World

Gear costume: Stem/Long Stem

Active compensatory factors: I bought this from Fives because everyone was raving about it as a classic and I thought I'd missed out.

So, I bought a copy and prepared to be amazed. But that didn't happen. Sadly, I just don't get what the fuss was about.

DJ Shadow is an American hip hop guy who made an album from samples. I thought it was going to be like my own eclectic tapes, but it's not as good as those in my humble opinion!

Parts of it edge into a nice vibe but then his Attention Deficit Syndrome kicks in and we're off on another tangent.

Where do they all belong? A one-off experiment for me. I'm glad I bought it, I would have always wondered. Great cover too.

No comments:

Post a Comment