Saturday, March 2, 2024

Wake up (Dr Dog) (LP 2400)

Dr Dog  Easy Beat (CD, Park The Van Records, 2005) ****  

Genre: alt pop

Places I remember: Fives (Leigh-on-sea)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Say Something

Gear costume: The World May Never Know

Active compensatory factors: I read a review of this before tracking it down in Fives. All of the allusions to The Beatles in general and McCartney/Wings in particular convinced me to shell out for a copy.

I don't quite hear those references as Dr Dog seem to have their own aesthetic without thinking of linking back to those antecedents.

I liked it from the off, it's so unique in its quirky aesthetic. I love it when pop bands forge their own path without too much regard for what's popular or hip. Dr Dog just do what they do!

Where do they all belong? I haven't seen any more of their albums on my travels but I'd be up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment