Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Sunny side of the street (Jay McShann) (LP 2284)

Jay McShann  Still Jumpin' The Blues (CD, Stoney Plain Records, 1999) *** 

GenreJazz 

Places I remember: Shona Walding's collection

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Moten Swing

Gear costume: Come On Over To My House

Active compensatory factors: This would be classed as Kansas City jump blues or swing I guess but clearly my parents weren't fans as those two swing fans didn't own anything by Jay and his band. 

They'd have liked this CD though I feel. Jay was 83 when he recorded this with The Duke Robillard Band with Maria Muldaur guesting on a couple of songs.

Jay plays piano and sings with gusto. Amazing for a man his age.

Where do they all belong? Thanks to the Walding family for letting me have this and Shona's other CDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment