Tuesday, January 9, 2024

No one said it would be easy (Sheryl Crow) (LP 2269)

Sheryl Crow  Tuesday Night Music Club (CD, A&M Records, 1993) ** 

Genre: Pop rock 

Places I remember: Gift from Lindsay Hope.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Run Baby Run

Gear costume: What I Can Do For You

Active compensatory factors: The video for Run Baby Run hooked me into Sheryl Crow, but it was a bit of a false dawn, because the next thing I heard from her was the big hit - All I Wanna Do, and I thought - that's not for me.

Fast forward years later and the CD of her debut album was given to me and I finally heard the whole album and realised...I was right!

Turns out Run Baby Run was an anomaly and the rest of the album is a variation of the commercial side of Sheryl.

Where do they all belong? This and a greatest hits compilation at the end of the C's is all I own of Ms Crow's and I think that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment