Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Welcome to the club (Marc Moulin) (LP 2300 - 2301)

Marc Moulin  Top Secret (CD, Blue Note Records, 2001) ****  

Marc Moulin  I Am You (CD, Blue Note Records, 2007) ****  

GenreJazz 

Places I remember: Virgin Megastore (Dubai and Abu Dhabi)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Tenor

Gear costume: Into the dark

Active compensatory factors
: I can't remember how I first came upon Marc Moulin. I suspect I heard it in the Middle East at a dinner party of ex-pats. That or a cafe in a mall. Dim memories!

Top Secret is a bright and breezy trip hoppy acid jazz type of experience (perfect for trendy cafes). It's the sort of album you can just put on and leave in the background and everyone will find something to like. Perfect for cafes and/or dinner parties.

Marc Moulin is a Belgian jazz musician and he knows what he's doing - both of these albums are on Blue Note! The second of these albums presents a darker, moodier, picture. This is the night album to Top Secret's day album!

I'm a day person, so I prefer Top Secret.

Where do they all belong? Two albums by Marc are ample.

No comments:

Post a Comment