Sunday, September 24, 2023

Stop messin' around (Gary Moore) (LP 2042)

Gary Moore   Still Got The Blues  (CD, Virgin Records, 1990) ***

Genre: Blues rock

Places I remember: From Shona Walding's collection

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Midnight Blues

Gear costume: That Kind Of Woman (George Harrison guests on slide and rhythm guitar and backing vocals) 

Active compensatory factors: Gary Moore is more widely known for his links to hard rock (Thin Lizzy, Skid Row) but he came out with this more bluesy album in 1990 and was immediately successful.

I prefer the blues of Midnight Blues and Still Got The Blues to the more rock guitar on other tracks (I must be getting old) but this album sums up all of his guitar gifts well. He was pretty versatile.

I included That Kind Of Woman as a highlight but I'm struggling to actually hear George on it.

Where do they all belong? Slots right into the blues rock guitar pantheon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment