Thursday, September 14, 2023

Broken (Bullet For My Valentine) (LP 2034)

Bullet For My Valentine   Venon (CD, Sony Music, 2015) ** 

Genrepop/ rock (metal) 

Places I remember: Given the release date it wasn't from Dubai's Virgin Megastore which was my first thought. So it must have been a sale bin at JB Hi-Fi.  

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Venom

Gear costume: You Want A Battle (There's A War)

Active compensatory factors: At one time I lapped up this stuff - but, and I hate to admit it, I must be getting old, because this rapid fire drumming and pummeling attack via screamed vocals and shredding guitars no longer has me dancing cartwheels.

The melodic bits are good but they are few and far between. 

I make it a rule to listen to each album again before I review for Goo Goo. This is usually a pleasurable, rewarding experience but in this case I found myself itching to skip to the next track. I didn't. At least, I didn't for 5 tracks, and then I broke!

Where do they all belong? Somehow I must have missed this album when writing about Bullet For My Valentine's Fever back in 2016 or else I had a brain fart and bought it after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment