Thursday, September 14, 2023

Spill the wine (Eric Burdon) (LP 2035)

Eric Burdon  Eric Burdon Declares "War" (CD, Avenue Records, 1970) *****  

Genre: pop/rock 

Places I remember: Marbecks Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Spill The Wine

Gear costume: Tobacco Road

Active compensatory factors: I love this stuff! Eric Burdon is superbly backed by War on this album.

He loves a shaggy dog story and he presents a few lengthy rambling ones here. I can see how some would find fault but I love Tobacco Road and Spill The Wine especially.

His vocal style is incomparable and highly entertaining.

Where do they all belong?  Still looking for a copy of Animalism and White Man's Burdon to complete my Eric Burdon collection. I'll be returning to Eric when I get back amongst the vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment