Wednesday, December 30, 2020

King of the panpipes (LP 532)

Zamfir Baroque Concertos (Vinyl, Philips, 1988) **** 

Genre: Classical

Places I remember: Marbecks Records

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperbolesGear costume: Telemann Concerto in A

Active compensatory factors: This is yet another example of a record I would not have in my collection if it weren't for working at Marbecks Records during my holiday breaks.

I'd often wander into the classical shop in the arcade and ask questions about what was good in the baroque sub-genre. This was one recommendation.

At first I was very sceptical - the terrible cover and Gheorghe Zamfir is/was the panflute guy who was outrageously popular with the easy listening pan pipe albums.

But I perservered and one listen was enough to dispell all the prejudices I held.

This is a great album!

Where do they all belong? That's it for the classical division.

No comments:

Post a Comment