Monday, February 20, 2012

Fate seems to give my heart a twist (Frank and George and many others)

I seem to be on a 1930s kick at the moment. Maybe it's the Jeeves and Bertie Wooster novel I'm reading and I mentioned Macca's new album in a previous post. He's trotting out his versions of songs by great American songwriters.

I recently picked up a bargain - a double CD collection in the Simply Great... budget series. This one has a collection of songs like Cheek to Cheek, Puttin' On The Ritz, Jeepers Creepers etc.

The one that I immediately knew well was Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea, mainly because of the George Harrison version.

Check these out - starting with a blowing Duke Ellington version (in colour!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKb5k3g71YU



No comments:

Post a Comment