Sunday, June 9, 2024

Renegade (Reb Fountain) (LP 2548)

Reb Fountain  Holster (CD, Fountain Records, 2008) ****  

Genre: NZ music, alt-rock, alt-folk

Places I remember: JB Hi-Fi

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Milk and Honey

Gear costumeRiver Mae 

Active compensatory factors: I have mentioned her albums before, this one is from earlier in her career and it sparkles, pops and sizzles. She takes on a variety of poses along the way during this hugely enjoyable album.

I like that about her - she tries on different styles/looks and is adept at them all. Quite amazing.

There is a vague western theme happening on the album, like Elton/Taupin's Tumbleweed Connection,  which I think is pretty cool too.

Where do they all belong? She's a great talent, and I'm on the lookout for anything else she's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment