Tuesday, June 4, 2024

My hero (Foo Fighters) (LP 2546 - 2547)

Foo Fighters  The Colour And The Shape (CD, Capitol Records, 1997) ***  

Foo Fighters  Skin And Bones (CD, RCA Records, 2006) ***  

GenreRock 

Places I remember: Music shop in St Lukes (Auckland); Ashleigh's sister's collection.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: My Hero

Gear costume: Monkey Wrench, Everlong

Active compensatory factors
: I am a bit ambivalent re Foo Fighters. I should love their version of pop rock - catchy choruses, harmonies, guitar rock, great personalities, and while I like many of the songs on The Colour And The Shape, I don't love the album, or the band.

Curious, because Dave Grohl is by all accounts a great guy and a terrific musician. Why don't I love this band?? Last song on the album - New Way Home, provides a clue. It's kind of a mindless thrash that doesn't do anything for me.

So, to Skin And Bones - a live album that has the band in a mostly unplugged setting (still gets loud at times). It's a good album, but, again, not a compelling one for me. 

Interestingly, the only songs featuring from The Colour And The Shape are My hero and Everlong, ones that I've highlighted above.

Where do they all belong? That's it, I'm not that keen on collecting more Foo Fighter albums. Shock horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment