Monday, November 27, 2023

Fishing in your river (Chicken Shack) (LP 2103)

Chicken Shack  In The Can (Vinyl, CBS Records, 1980) *****  

GenreBlues rock 

Places I remember: Roger Marbeck gave me a cassette of this before I bought a vinyl copy.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Fishing In Your River 

Gear costume: I Wanna See My Baby

Active compensatory factors: I don't usually focus on compilations in these posts but I need to make an exception for this one.

The cassette version accompanied me throughout the early eighties as I did my teaching practicums in Hastings, Keri Keri and Auckland. So, it has very pleasant associations for me.

And these songs, both from the late sixties with Christine Perfect (before she became Christine McVie) and into the seventies without her, completely hold up.

Stan Webb led the Shack at the time and his guitar, vocals, and rakish sense of humour are well to the fore - giving a sense of cohesion to this set.

I love this album, and I love this sort of English blues rock.

Where do they all belong? A great corner of English blues rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment