Monday, November 13, 2023

Life balance (Courtney Barnett) (LP 2096)

Courtney Barnett  End Of The Day (Vinyl, Milk! Records, 2023) ****  

GenreAmbient/ Soundtrack/pop-rock

Places I remember: RockSteady Records (Melbourne) about a month ago.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: A to B

Gear costume: Electricity

Active compensatory factors: This is an instrumental album. It was playing over the shop's speakers as I was browsing and I asked about it, because it sounded fantastic.

Lo and behold it's Aussie alt-rock artist - Courtney Barnett. She plays guitar throughout, with another musician on synths.

It's a film soundtrack but it's one of those rare ones that works brilliantly outside of the film (I haven't seen it btw) as a two sided piece of ambient music.

Where do they all belong? I've reorganized my record and CD collection into a stricter alphabetical order so most of the genres no longer feature. That means a more straight-forward procession from now on through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment