Sunday, November 26, 2023

15 minutes older (Carsick Cars) (LP 2101)

Carsick Cars  (Vinyl, Panda Record, 2014) ****  

GenreAlt-rock from China 

Places I remember: Keegan sent me a couple of records from China for my birthday in 2022.

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: 15 Minutes Older

Gear costume: She Will Wait 

Active compensatory factors: The influence of Hamish Kilgour means that the Dunedin sound comes through spectacularly at times on this album by Chinese alt-rock trio - Carsick Cars.

When I've visited other countries (China, UAE, Qatar, Thailand) I've always been keen to listen to and collect local bands. So I was thrilled when Keegan sent me a couple of records from China, where he's been living for a few years.

Carsick Cars were a very pleasant surprise. I enjoy their take on alternative approaches to rock. 

Unlike other albums that have come on my travels, Carsick Cars have a cohesive vision and sound that is sustained across the whole record. No mixing and matching of genres and styles for them.

Where do they all belong? Hiperson, the other album Keegan sent me, is coming up in the collection eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment