Saturday, January 1, 2022

Ain't that cute (Doris Troy) (LP 778)

Doris Troy  Doris Troy (CD and Vinyl, Apple Records, 1970) ****

GenreApple Records 

Places I remember: Real Groovy Records for both formats (five bonus tracks on the CD)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Gonna Get My Baby Back

Gear costume: Get Back (Bonus track on the CD)

Active compensatory factors: This is one terrific album and I have no idea why it wasn't a huge seller in 1970. Seriously - the players and the playing alone would make people sit up and take notice I would have thought.

I mean - George, Peter Frampton, Steve Stills and Eric Clapton on guitars; Billy Preston, Leon Russell, Bobby Whitlock on keyboards; Klaus Voormann on bass; Ringo, Alan White, Jim Gordon on drums!!!! All that, and Doris Troy's vocals are superb!

Even if you are not impressed by that, the songs are great too - every single one pops and shines.

All this makes Doris Troy a strong candidate for best Apple Records album.

Where do they all belong? That's it for Apple Records on CD - more to come when I return to the vinyl collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment