Saturday, January 1, 2022

Looking for my life (George Harrison) (LP 777)

George Harrison  Brainwashed  (CD and Vinyl, Dark Horse Records, 2002) **** 

GenreBeatle pop/rock 

Places I remember: JB Hi Fi for the vinyl; The Warehouse (Cambridge) for the CD

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Marwa Blues

Gear costume: Any Road

Active compensatory factors: I've returned to the CD collection again and this is first up (although I also have it on vinyl). 

Hari Georgeson's final album is actually a damn fine record. One of his best I warrant.

It took a while to finish it, given his previous album, Cloud Nine, came out 15 years before Brainwashed (which was released a year after George passed away in 2001).

His son Dhani and producer Jeff Lynne finished the album off to George's specifications and it sounds terrific.

Where do they all belong? We'll return to George (and The Concert For Bangladesh) when we get back to the vinyl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment