Thursday, October 8, 2020

Remember (Air) (LP 477)

Air  Moon Safari (CD, Source, 1998) *** 


Genre: European pop/ rock

Places I remember: CDs sent to me by the Hope family 

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: La Femme D'Argent 

Active compensatory factors: Once upon a time I owned a copy of this but flicked it off in one of the purges (mainly because of Sexy Boy - an annoyingly catchy song that just became annoying).

For me, Air are at their cool French best when channeling their inner Pink Floyd as they do through most of this album.

Then Adam's sister-in-law sent me a box of CDs she didn't want anymore and so, here it is in all it's Euro-prog/pop glory.

Being re-acquainted with it is nice - it all sounds very familiar and reminds me of life back at the turn of the millennium, when I was living in Auckland with access to actual record shops.

Where do they all belong? Back leading off the European pop/rock genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment