Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Rings of life (Michael Murphey) (LP 335)

Michael Murphey Blue Sky - Night Thunder  (Vinyl, Epic, 1975) ****

Genre:  Country rock

Places I remember: Real Groovy Records, Auckland


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Wildfire





Gear costume:  Carolina In The Pines

Active compensatory factors: Regular readers will remember that I mentioned finally tracking down a copy of this album when I last mentioned Michael Murphey in this blog.


Since then I have tragically lost the copy in our recent house move - so I'm on the hunt again*. Deep sigh.

In the meantime, I'll be listening to YouTube's copy of Wildfire. This is just a great great song. 

Many years ago, Roger Marbeck gave me a cassette version of the album and I instantly loved it. I've bought (and lost) other Murphey albums but none compare to the grandeur of this one: his classic album.

Where do they all belong? In my collection. 

*Among other things I lost all the albums in my country genre. So - quite a few to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment