Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Song for you (Barclay James Harvest) (LP 334)

Barclay James Harvest Time Honoured Ghosts (Vinyl, Polydor, 1975) ***

Genre:  Prog rock

Places I remember: Real Groovy (Auckland)


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Titles





Gear costume:  Moongirl

Active compensatory factors: This is one of my favourite BJH albums. Mainly because it includes Titles - a song made up largely of Beatle song titles. Some people find it a bit of a simplistic joke, but I love this sincere homage which clearly shows how the band is indebted to the Fabs for its harmony and song structure.


The rest of the album does not live up to the heights of Titles, but it still includes that signature easy going BJH sound of the mid seventies.

I love to just put this on and let the melodies drift over me.

Lovely.  

Where do they all belong? Gone To Earth is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment