Friday, August 2, 2019

Window shopping for blinds (The Beautiful South) (LP 326)

The Beautiful South Quench (CD, Go! Disc Records 1998) ***

Genre:  English pop/rock 

Places I remember: Bought from a charity shop in Caterham before we left England and put onto my ipod.


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Pockets





Gear costume:  The Table

Active compensatory factors: 
Jacqui Abbott is a wonderful  singer and she is thankfully featured a few times on this record. No enough for my liking, mind. 

The best and worst aspects of The Beautiful South are also on display here. That would be some clever clogs lyrics that stick in my craw (whatever and wherever a craw is).

Nevermind - the gems and the instrumentation make up for that in their music .


Where do they all belong? This one came after my all time favourite record from TBS - Blue Is the Colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment