Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I lost my sugar in Salt Lake City (LP 241)

Peggy Lee/ George Shearing Beauty and the Beat! (Vinyl - Capitol, 1959) **

Genre:  Jazz vocal

Places I remember:  Inherited from the Graham Purdy collection


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: If Dreams Come True





Gear costume: Do I Love You? 

Active compensatory factors: Mum and dad loved Peggy Lee. In 1959, they were listening to this when I was two, and my brother came along.


That's a while ago - nearly 60 years!

The world's changed somewhat from what it was 60 years ago. And yet - when I put this record on, May 29, 1959 (when this concert happened) doesn't seem that long ago at all.

Interestingly, dad's tastes didn't change much during his lifetime. Diana Krall cast the same spell over him in his last few years, as this obviously did in his youth.

The man knew what he liked!

Where do they all belong? As for me, I'm not such a fan of jazz vocalists. Personally, I don't own too much more than Sinatra and Eva Cassidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment