Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Come pick me up (Ryan Adams) (LP 6)

Ryan Adams Heartbreaker (CD - Bloodshot Records, 2000) ****

Genre:  Americana


Places I remember: This was in a pile of CDs that Roger Marbeck gave me in the early 2000s. He thought I'd like it and he's not often wrong is Roger.


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles:   Oh My Sweet Carolina is damn near perfect. Emmylou Harris provides the harmony and... just wow baby!





Gear costume: My Winding Wheel is another gem on the album.

Active compensatory factors: A prodigious talent, Ryan Adams puts out A LOT of stuff! Not all of it is great but Heartbreaker was a fine debut solo album for him. 

It's patchy as most of his albums are (only Gold is genius from start to finish for me), hence the four star rating.

Where do they all belong?: Where to next? Try more of Adam's CDs - most notably Gold, and other Americana bands like the Jayhawks and my fave, Golden Smog.

No comments:

Post a Comment