Thursday, October 29, 2015

I only fly away (Nelly Furtado) #478

Nelly Furtado I'm Like A Bird/ Party (Reprise)/ My Love Grows Deeper/ My Konos/ I'm Like A Bird (video) (Dreamworks, 2000)

Nelly has the X factor on I'm Like A Bird

It's damn catchy and it appeals to me from a lyrical point of view, although I'm constant in my love where she's warning of the opposite. 


It's the feeling of rootlessness that gets me. I like the wistful tone she sets up in the chorus. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is


Hmmm. She manages to tap into a modern zeitgeist/ conundrum - whether to settle an settle down or whether to explore. She means in a relationship. I'm taking a wider view.


Ultimately Nelly will opt for the adventure and so will I.


Hidden gem: Not sure if they are gems but the B side tracks are playful and delightfully experimental in musical approach. the video to the A side is a nice bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment