Jane Weaver Modern Kosmology (CD, Fire Records, 2017) ****
Genre: Dream pop, electronica, alt rock
Places I remember: Courtesy of Tom Kirkham
Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Slow Motion
Gear costume: Loops in the Secret Society
Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Slow Motion
Gear costume: Loops in the Secret Society
They loom large in his legend (The Album Collection playlists): Part 1; Part 2; Part 3; Part 4; Part 5; Part 6; Part 7; Part 8
Active compensatory factors: Tom gave me this album during his visit to NZ a few years ago with his mum. He knew I'd love this dream pop album by Jane Weaver - someone who was not on my radar at the time.
Active compensatory factors: Tom gave me this album during his visit to NZ a few years ago with his mum. He knew I'd love this dream pop album by Jane Weaver - someone who was not on my radar at the time.
Yes, it's dream pop (Slow Motion is an excellent example) but it also has those jangling alt rock guitars that I love so much. Try Loops in the Secret Society for instance - Jane's vocals are sung over a motorik beat and some lovely guitar interplay.
Pretty wonderful that she writes these songs, plays most of the instruments and sings them, What a talent!
Where do they all belong? Thanks for the introduction Tom.

No comments:
Post a Comment