Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Coming home (Von Hertzen Brothers) (LP 4795)

Von Hertzen Brothers  Nine Lives (CD, Spinefarm Records, 2013) ****  

Genre: Prog rock 

Places I remember: FOPP

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Insomniac

Gear costume: Flowers and Rust

They loom large in his legend (The Album Collection playlists): Part 1; Part 2; Part 3; Part 4; Part 5; Part 6; Part 7; Part 8

Active compensatory factors: The Von Hertzen Brothers hail from Finland and they play some mean as prog rock. There are actually three brothers - Kie (guitars), Mikko (the lead singer, guitars), and Jonne (bass). 
Nine Lives is their fifth album.

I heard them on a Prog Rock magazine sampler and loved their sound - hence buying the album. There are a variety of prog approaches from moody sounds to hard rocking sounds, so it consistently rewards repeat listens.

Where do they all belong? I'd buy other albums by them if I came across them fersure.

No comments:

Post a Comment