Triumvirat Spartacus (CD, Capitol Records, 1975) ****
Genre: Prog rock
Places I remember: Real Groovy Records
Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: The Capital of Power
Gear costume: Spartacus
Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: The Capital of Power
Gear costume: Spartacus
They loom large in his legend (The Album Collection playlists): Part 1; Part 2; Part 3; Part 4; Part 5; Part 6; Part 7; Part 8
Active compensatory factors: Triumvirat is a prog rock band from Germany and the Emerson Lake & Palmer comparisons can't be denied. The band is a trio - bass, drums and keyboards by Hans-Jürgen Fritz, who plays keyboards according to the Keith Emerson school of rock.
Active compensatory factors: Triumvirat is a prog rock band from Germany and the Emerson Lake & Palmer comparisons can't be denied. The band is a trio - bass, drums and keyboards by Hans-Jürgen Fritz, who plays keyboards according to the Keith Emerson school of rock.
Spartacus was their third album, and the only one I've ever found. I'd buy others for sure because I love ELP and this style of prog.
The concept here is to centre the album on Thracian gladiator, Spartacus. It works too, as the music conjures up images from 73BC!
Terrible cover though. What was the idea?
Where do they all belong? A great addition to the prog ranks.

No comments:
Post a Comment