Wednesday, December 4, 2019

One long day (Cold Chisel) (LP 353)

Cold Chisel Cold Chisel (Vinyl, WEA, 1978) ***

Genre: Australian pop/rock

Places I remember: Marbecks Records, Auckland


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Khe Sanh





Gear costume: One Long Day,  Daskarzine, Home And Broken Hearted 

Active compensatory factors: I started collecting Cold Chisel and backtracked from Swingshift to this album and East (which is a much superior album). 


At the time, I was drawn to Chisel's album rather than Midnight Oil's debut which also came out in 1978. Something about the blues shout of Chisel and the pub rocker/Aussie battler syndrome rather than the social consciousness of the Oils was the magic ingredient for me.

I know the band are kind of embarrassed by this album but I like its rough and ready sound and, what the heck, it's got Khe Sanh on it so, sorry boys, it's worthy of respect!


Where do they all belong? The debut album - it was onwards for Jim Barnes (as credited on this album) and the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment