Sunday, July 26, 2026

Me too (Meghan Trainor) (LP 4720)

Meghan Trainor  Thank You (CD, Epic Records, 2016) ***  

Genre: Pop, Dance pop 

Places I remember: Shona Wilding collection

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Woman Up

Gear costume: NO

They loom large in his legend (The Album Collection playlists): Part 1; Part 2; Part 3; Part 4; Part 5; Part 6; Part 7; Part 8

Active compensatory factors: Although I do own multiple albums by Lady Gaga and Madonna, I wouldn't have bought Meghan Trainor's second album, Thank You. Indeed, I wouldn't have ever made its acquaintance without finding it in Shona's collection.

I'm glad I did though, as it's dance pop that Lady Gaga would approve of, I'm sure. The album is full of bright shiny pop moves and Meghan comes across as a real hoot - I'm thinking all the FIGJAM stances are meant in an ironic, self-deprecating way. I hope so.

Where do they all belong? My one and only album by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment