Monday, December 23, 2019

Champaign Jam (Atlanta Rhythm Section) (LP 357)

Atlanta Rhythm Section Are You Ready! (Vinyl, Polydor, 1979) ****

Genre: American pop/rock 

Places I remember: Marbecks Records


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: Angel (What in the world's come over us)





Gear costume: So Into You

Active compensatory factors: 
 I  was into my second year of working at Marbecks Records in my University holidays when Roger Marbeck played this album in the shop a few times. 

It's a slick amalgam of southern rock like Marshall Tucker Band were playing (I fell for the MTB big time). 

Rhythmic guitars, extended jams, good ole boys: fun!!


Where do they all belong? This is the only ARS album I possess but really, that's enough. The Marshall Tucker Band discography is a different thing though - I'm a completist as far as they go. Not sure why as they plough the same furrow to a large extent.When I think about it I guess it's the more romanticised version of the western hero that I like (The Long Ride was my way in).

No comments:

Post a Comment