Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The boy next door (Bill Evans) (LP 1094 - 1095)

Bill Evans Trio   Waltz for Debby (Vinyl, DOL Records, 1961) ****  

Bill Evans Trio   Explorations  (Vinyl, Waxtime Records, 1961) ****  

GenreJazz piano 

Places I remember: My Music (Taupo)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles: My Romance (Waltz For Debby)

Gear costume: Milestones (Waltz For Debby)

Active compensatory factors
: What I love about Bill Evans is that he is so totally in charge that I feel my body relax immediately, because I trust him implicitly.

These two albums came out in 1961, with the same personnel - Scott LaFaro on bass, Paul Motian - drums. Waltz For Debby is a live album (at the famous Village Vanguard) but the sound is as good as the studio Explorations.

Where do they all belong? Always keen to pick up more Bill Evans albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment