Saturday, September 12, 2020

Concerto (Vivaldi) (LP 459)

Antonio Lucio Vivaldi (Jean-Claude Malgoire, La Grande Ecurie et la Chambre du Roy) Concerti (Vinyl, CBS, 1980) ****


Genre: Classical

Places I remember: Marbecks Records (15 Queen's Arcade, Auckland 1)

Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles/Gear costume: Concerto for two mandolins and strings in G major 

Active compensatory factors: 
The period of classical music that speaks to me the most is the (flat) Baroque one - 1600s until 1740s, including Bach, Telemann, Corelli, Scarlatti and Vivaldi.

The Four Seasons is an entry point for plenty of people and justifiable so - it's a great piece of music.

This Concerto may not be as well known (I'm not as au fait as I am with rock music) but, for me, it's another great example of Baroque experimentation and innovation.

Where do they all belong? Almost done for classical LPs. Another Baroque Concerto album to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment