Sunday, June 14, 2020

Winter (Vivaldi) (LP 421)






Antonio Lucio Vivaldi (The Academy of St. Martin-in-the-fields, Alan Loveday - violin) The Four Seasons (Vinyl, Argp, 1970) *****

Genre: Classical

Places I remember: Marbecks Records (Classical shop), Auckland, NZ

 
Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles/ Gear costume:  Winter 

Active compensatory factors:  I've chosen Winter for obvious reasons (if you live in the southern hemisphere as I do it's frrrrrrrrezzzzzzing), but it's also the Vivaldi season that gets the blood pumping with Alan Loveday excelling on violin.

This version of The Four Seasons was bought when I needed to expand my musical palette a little. I approached Murray Marbeck (when I was working in the pop store in the early eighties) and asked his advice. He handed me this record!

It appears that this 1969 version is considered a benchmark recording of this seminal work. Well done and thanks Murray!

Where do they all belong? It slots into the Vivaldi corner of the classical section.

No comments:

Post a Comment