Thursday, January 10, 2019

What's new (Art Pepper) (LP 288)

Art Pepper Discoveries - The Savoy Sessions (Vinyl - Savoy, 1977) ****

Genre: Jazz  

Places I remember: Ray's Jazz at Foyles' flagship store in Charing Cross Road (London)  


Fab, and all the other pimply hyperboles/ Gear costume: Suzy The Poodle 





Active compensatory factors: Yes, joy oh joy, you can cruise through the vinyl bins in Ray's Jazz section at Foyles. Heaven.

This Soho/Covent Garden corner of London is one of my happy places. Not only Fopp, but Foyles as well. Huge!

I can while away many happy hours in this magic corner.

Last week I picked up three albums - Shorty Rogers, Red Garland and this double from Art Pepper. All for the sum of 20 quid. 

There's something I find very relaxing about listening to jazz. Even Art's frenetic piling up of jazz sounds on his sax puts me in a relaxed mood.

Where do they all belong? I used to have this album many years ago but sold it off at some stage. It's good to have it back in the collection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment